To remove a scaling option, go to File > Print > Settings > No Scaling.
How do I fix scaling issues in Excel?
- Open the Excel workbook.
- Click the Page Layout tab.
- In the Page Setup group, click Page Setup to open the Page Setup dialog box.
- In the Page Setup dialog box, click to select the Adjust to option, enter a number for the scale, and then click OK.
How do you show scale in Excel?
How do I lock cells in Excel?
- Select the cells you want to lock.
- On the Home tab, in the Alignment group, click the small arrow to open the Format Cells popup window.
- On the Protection tab, select the Locked check box, and then click OK to close the popup.
How do you name a series in Excel?
- Right-click the chart with the data series you want to rename, and click Select Data.
- In the Select Data Source dialog box, under Legend Entries (Series), select the data series, and click Edit.
- In the Series name box, type the name you want to use.
How do you hide columns in Excel?
- Select one or more columns, and then press Ctrl to select additional columns that aren’t adjacent.
- Right-click the selected columns, and then select Hide.
How do you copy a formula in Excel?
- Select the cell with the formula you want to copy.
- Press. + C.
- Click the cell where you want to paste the formula. …
- To quickly paste the formula with its formatting, press + V. …
- Clicking the arrow gives you a list of options.
How do I color code a percentage in Excel?
In the Format Style dropdown box, select either 2-Color Scale (default) or 3-Color Scale. For Minimum, Midpoint and Maximum values, pick the data type (Number, Percent, Percentile, or Formula), and then choose the color.
How do you remove lines in Excel?
- Select the worksheet.
- Click the Page Layout tab.
- To show gridlines: Under Gridlines, select the View check box. To hide gridlines: Under Gridlines, clear the View check box.
How to convert Excel to PDF?
Click the Select a file button above or drag and drop a file into the drop zone. Select the file you want to convert from XLS or XLSX to PDF format. After uploading the Excel sheet, Acrobat automatically converts it to the PDF file format. Sign in to download or share your converted PDF.
How do I hide formulas in Excel?
- Select the range of cells whose formulas you want to hide. …
- Click Home > Format > Format Cells.
- On the Protection tab, select the Hidden check box.
- Click OK.
- Click Review > Protect Sheet.
How do I wrap text in Excel?
- In a worksheet, select the cells that you want to format.
- On the Home tab, in the Alignment group, click Wrap Text. (On Excel for desktop, you can also select the cell, and then press Alt + H + W.) Notes:
How do I edit a graph in Excel?
Right-click your chart, and then choose Select Data. In the Legend Entries (Series) box, click the series you want to change. Click Edit, make your changes, and click OK.
How do I change the color of a bar graph in Excel?
Change the color of a chart
- Click the chart you want to change.
- In the upper right corner, next to the chart, click Chart Styles .
- Click Color and pick the color scheme you want.
How do I mask data in Excel?
- Select the cells you want to hide with asterisk, then right click to select Format Cells from the context menu.
- In the Format Cells dialog, under Number tab, select Custom from Category list, and then type ;;;** into the textbox under Type.
What is File handle in Excel?
You can quickly copy formulas into adjacent cells by using the fill handle. When you drag the handle to other cells, Excel will show different results for each cell.
How do I change the font color of negative in Excel?
On the Home tab, click Format > Format Cells. In the Format Cells box, in the Category list, click Custom. In the Type box, enter the following format: 0.00%;[Red]-0.00%. Now, the negative percentage will appear in red highlighting.
How do I merge cells in Excel?
- Click the first cell and press Shift while you click the last cell in the range you want to merge. Important: Make sure only one of the cells in the range has data.
- Click Home > Merge & Center.
How do I remove a password from Excel?
On the Review tab, click Protect Sheet or Protect Workbook. Click Unprotect Sheet or Protect Workbook and enter the password. Clicking Unprotect Sheet automatically removes the password from the sheet. To add a new password, click Protect Sheet or Protect Workbook, type and confirm the new password, and then click OK.
How do I recover a corrupted Excel file?
- Click File > Open.
- Click the location and folder that contains the corrupted workbook.
- In the Open dialog box, select the corrupted workbook.
- Click the arrow next to the Open button, and then click Open and Repair.
- To recover as much of the workbook data as possible, pick Repair.
How to add watermark in Excel?
- Select Insert > Header & Footer.
- Tap on the header and on the Header & Footer Elements tab on the ribbon, click Picture.
- Select one of the available options to insert your image. In the header, you’ll see & [Picture].
- Tap anywhere outside the header to see the watermark.
How do I lock a sheet in Excel?
- Select Review > Manage Protection.
- To turn on protection, in the Manage Protection task pane, select Protect sheet. …
- By default, the entire sheet is locked and protected. …
- Optionally, to require a password to edit a range, select Range password, enter and confirm the password, and then select Save.
How do I remove duplicates in Excel?
- Select the range of cells that has duplicate values you want to remove. Tip: Remove any outlines or subtotals from your data before trying to remove duplicates.
- Click Data > Remove Duplicates, and then Under Columns, check or uncheck the columns where you want to remove the duplicates. …
- Click OK.
What is merge and center in Excel?
Select Merge & Center. Important: When you merge multiple cells, the contents of only one cell (the upper-left cell for left-to-right languages, or the upper-right cell for right-to-left languages) appear in the merged cell. The contents of the other cells that you merge are deleted.
How do you add a title in Excel?
On the Insert tab, in the Text group, click Header & Footer. Excel displays the worksheet in Page Layout view. To add or edit a header or footer, click the left, center, or right header or footer text box at the top or the bottom of the worksheet page (under Header, or above Footer). Type the new header or footer text.
How do I hide the title of a chart?
- Click on the chart.
- Select the + sign to the top-right of the chart.
- Uncheck the checkbox next to Chart Title.